Menu Monday!
















We're in for another few scorching hot days and my goal this week was to plan my menu to not heat up the kitchen anymore then necessary.

Tonight we are going to have burgers on the grill with corn on the cob and maybe a potato salad. I'll see how the day goes and if I feel like making one. I don't heat up my kitchen when I make potato salad due to the fact that I cook the potatoes and eggs in my Instant Pot.


The rest of the week is looking like this:


Grilled Chicken
I did this last week too. Very yummy. I marinaded chicken thighs (breasts would work as well) in Italian dressing all day. Took less then 15 minutes to grill them. I'll serve it with either leftover potato salad or french bread and big delish green salad filled with lots of fresh veggies.




Chili
I'll use my Instant Pot to make this. I don't mind eating hot foods on hot days as long as I can keep my kitchen cool. :) I'll serve tortilla chips and fresh fruit on the side.



Black Bean & Veggie Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
This is a meatless meal. You can find the recipe HERE   I may add some chicken legs on the side because my hubby likes his meat :). I've made this recipe once before and it is good, filling and very satisfying. I'll add some dinner rolls and fresh green beans on the side.



That should do it for the week. If I need another meal I'll make sausage & rice in my IP and serve it with either a salad or summer fruit (or both! :)




Comments

  1. Sounds like a delicious menu for hot summer days! Hope you all are safe from the fires. I just heard about another blogger who has a lot of smoke around her and having trouble breathing well in the eastern Washington area.

    With a hello and hug from the south, I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub