Wednesday Snap Shot



Wednesday Snap Shot is a quick peek into my week.

If you'd like to join in on my Wednesday Snap Shot.. copy and paste my post, add your answers (you can also copy the pic..  BUT Please download the picture to your computer first..  do not just directly copy and paste..  otherwise you are using my bandwidth..  thank you! :).. link your post to my blog and then come back and let me know you shared your week. I'll come and visit you and read about your homemaking week!! :)



So Far This Week
It has been a great week. We finally had a little break in the rain. What a relief. We had 2 dry days in a row. The first for the year! :) Living in the Pacific Northwest can be a challenge for some of us. You can go months and barely see the sun. I know it can get to even the hardiest Northwesters.. ha, ha.. People you meet out and about are grumpy and don't smile much. But when the sun comes out and it warms up just a little suddenly everyone you run into is smiling again and happy.

I took advantage of the dry days and walked and worked outside. It felt so good.

Monday was raining again so hubs and I went to town to run errands and pick up a few groceries.

Yesterday was dry, although the clouds kept threatening rain, but it stayed dry all day. I did get out and walk again.



On My To-Do List
Rain returns today so inside work is my plan.

I need to do a few things around the house..

~clean the bathroom
~wash a few loads of laundry
~mop my kitchen floor
~vacuum the living room



Projects I'm Working On
I made some citrus vinegar for cleaning. I have not used it yet. I put the peels from 3 oranges in a quart canning jar, filled it with vinegar. It is sitting now for a bit to give my vinegar a nice citrusy smell. I'll put the vinegar into a spray bottle and use it for cleaning.






Today's Weather

High 61 Low 46
100% chance of rain


The View from my Deck (or window)
 





What I'm Reading
I finished the Innocence of Father Brown. I liked the book, it was different in that each chapter was its own story. But, I think I'm more of a fan of chapter books that tell one long story.

I have now moved onto: The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper (an American classic). I'm loving the book! Very engaging right off the start, which is different from many classics. I'm about 1/3 of the way through right now.

In my Bible reading I finished Nehemiah and read Esther. Job is next.

 

What I'm Listening To
It's a very peaceful and quiet morning. I can the sound of my neighbors dog barking in the distance



Something Frugal I've Done This Week
As I was doing the laundry I realized how many of the clothes I was washing, drying, folding and putting away were mine.. LOL.. I decided to be more mindful in determining if my jeans or shirts could be worn more then once. Are they dirty? Do they have spots on them? :) if not, wear them the next day. It's not a new concept, just something I want to focus on a bit.  It  saves money in laundry soap & dryer time, and saves time in not washing clothes that don't need to be washed, and eventually saves the life of the clothes as well.



Fitness and Health for the Week
This has been a very good week for me in the fitness area. With improving weather I have been able to get out and walk and work outside. My muscles feel it for sure but it is the best feeling in the world to me. I've easily hit and gone above my 10,000 steps more days then not. I feel like just maybe I'm getting back into my groove.

I'm continuing to cook more plant based foods to add to our diet. More beans, grains, veggies, fruit. It's amazing how much good tasting food can be made from these basics. My body is loving it and so am I.


That is all for this week!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub