Menu Monday!



Hard to believe we're almost halfway through February. Seems like this year is flying by. I turn around and it's Monday again! :)

Yesterday I made pork enchiladas which was an additional meal for the week. I've had extra people here, family & friends, and was in need of another meal. I took a pork roast (shoulder, about 3#'s), cut it up into 4 pieces and put it in my Instant Pot. I added several cut up green onions, a few mini peppers, 2t salt, 1t granulated garlic, 1t cumin, 2t chili powder and 2 cut up canned chipotle peppers. I added 1 ½ cups water. Put the lid on, set to sealing, and let it cook for 50 minutes. When it was done I shredded the meat and let it simmer for a few minutes. Then filled flour tortillas with the meat, rolled them up, put them in a 9x13 pan and poured green enchilada sauce over them (canned from the store) and sprinkled a small amount of cheese on the top. I baked them for about 30 minutes at 350. They were very good. I also have enough leftover for tonight's dinner. 

v


The rest of the week is looking like this..


Lasagna
Lasagna, french bread, salad. All just yummy.. :)


Meatloaf
A family favorite. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans.


Chicken Vegetable Soup
It's becoming one of my favorite things to make in my IP. I make it for lunches often. This week it will be dinner. I use chicken legs (inexpensive), and any assortment of veggies I have on hand or purchased for this. I cook the chicken legs in water and salt and I add garlic and onions for flavor. Then release the pressure and add the veggies. Cook for a few minutes more. Season to taste. I'll serve biscuits or muffins to go with this.


That should do it for the week. :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub