Wednesday Snap Shot




Wednesday Snap Shot is a quick peek into my week.

If you'd like to join in on my Wednesday Snap Shot.. copy and paste my post, add your answers (you can also copy the pic).. link your post to my blog and then come back and let me know you shared your week. I'll come and visit you and read about your homemaking week!! :)


So Far This Week
As I shared on Monday our grandson made his arrival! Last week we had a wonderful week in Sacramento with my daughter, her husband, his family and the birth of our new grandson, Raylan. Next blog post on Friday will be his birth story.


After getting home it has been all about regrouping and getting into the flow of things again. Laundry and grocery shopping were done and of course getting ready now to think ahead to Christmas. The tree is up and will be decorated this weekend. It is feeling very festive in my home.


On My To-Do List
Menu planning! :) I've kind of been working “on the fly” as they say. At these times I so appreciate my Instant Pot. Last minute meal ideas and frozen meats are no problem, ha, ha!!



Projects I'm Working On
The only projects I've been working on since I came home was getting reorganized and thinking about Christmas.  Gifts to purchase and the menu to plan for the family celebration.  I'm not sure if I'll really have time to make gifts this year, but I'd like to, we will see how the rest of the month goes.

One project I'd like to try is some Vietnamese pickled carrots & radishes. While visiting my daughter we had the best Vietnamese sandwiches I've ever had.  They had the pickled carrots in them and they tasted so good.  I found a recipe online and want to try it out.  http://whiteonricecouple.com/recipes/vietnamese-pickled-carrots-daikon/#


Today's Weather
High of 50 today, clouds and rain.  Typical :)  but cooler temps are coming and snow levels are dropping.  We'll see if there is any white stuff in our future! 


The View from my Deck (or window)
It's a rainy morning here! Yesterday was dry and that was a nice break.  I guess we are back to the rain today.



What I'm Reading
I did not make any progress on my reading this last week while I was gone. I'm getting back in my groove and looking forward to making progress through the Bible and my current book, The Count of Monte Cristo


What I'm Listening To
This: https://thepianoguys.com/portfolio/angels-we-have-heard-on-high/    Tis the Season!  :)


 
Something Frugal I've Done This Week
It's about a 12 hour drive down to my daughters. I packed food and took it with us to avoid having to stop at fast food restaurants to eat. I like a treat like that now and again but food on the road is expensive and not that healthy and it is easy to tire of it very quickly.


Fitness for the Week
I had good days and not so good days which is to be expected when I'm out of my routine. However we did spend one day walking around downtown Sacramento (trying to get labor started ;) and lots of walking the halls of the hospital while she was in labor. Now that I'm back home, my inside walking (with Leslie Sansone DVD's) is what I've started doing. We are in our rainy season and I'm just not a fan of getting drenched while walking outside. I love the fact that with the DVD's I don't have to give up my fitness plans and goals due to the weather.


 

Comments

  1. Congratulations to you and your family on your new grandson! He is a cutie pie! Love all that hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! :) Tomorrow's post is his birth story.. what an experience.. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub