Menu Monday!






I had a busy crazy week. But it was all good. I had visits from my sons, my son's girlfriend, a trip to Port Townsend to see my mother in law and her hubby, and a weekend spent with my grandchildren here giving my daughter and her hubby a little break. It all left me happy but also left my house looking like a tornado has gone through it! Ha, ha. Today is house recovery day. I have a big to do list to tackle. Hopefully this week I'll be back here blogging a bit more.

Needless to say after such a busy week I was thankful to have a menu all planned out last week and my Instant Pot to help cut down my time spent in the kitchen.

Today I'll be making pork chops. I had them on my menu last week but had one evening with a big house full so I made chili (and nachos) instead. So I'll make the pork chops (in my IP of course) and I'll serve rice and broccoli with this meal.

The rest of the week is looking like this:

Clam Chowder
When we went to visit my mother in law she had made clam chowder. Oh my was it good. So I decided I need to put it on my menu rotation. I'll serve crackers and a salad along side.

Pot Roast
I have a beef pot roast in the freezer. I plan on making Mississipi Pot Roast with it in my IP. This was the first meal I made after I purchased it. It is still a favorite of ours. Mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans will round out this meal.

Asian Chicken
Not really sure what to call this dish. I put boneless skinless chicken thighs (breasts will also work) in to my IP, take about a cup of Yoshida's sauce and add a ½ cup of water and pour that over my chicken. Cook for 10 to 20 minutes (depending if the chicken is frozen or not) and that is it. Super tasty. I'll serve rice and a salad with this meal. Simple but quick and very good.

That should do it for my week!

And I'm hopeful for a less busy week and sharing more here on my blog in the next few days!!

 

Comments

  1. Love the description "house recovery"! I need that for my kitchen right now after a canning session of peaches. A friend was going to the east side and offered to pick up peaches and I jumped at the chance. Cheers, SJ in Vancouver BC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! Home canned peaches!! And my house has recovered.. :) it just feels so much better now..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub